Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Happy Belated Birthday, Mama...
























I finished knitting this in June. Just blocked it this past weekend. My mom's birthday was in October. Yeah, I'm a slacker.

On the upside, though, she absolutely loved the blanket. I used Knit Picks Wool of the Andes. Not the softest yarn in the world, but its light as a feather and warm, according to my mom. She's already snuggled under the blanket a few times now. I think I used a size 8 needle. You can find the directions and links to charts and such over at Brooklyn Tweed.

Jared's blanket is great. But I decided to make mine a little larger. I only made it through one more pattern repeat than he did. The rounds got too long. And I really didn't want to make a blanket big enough to put on the bed.

I did modify the bind off a little. I didn't do all the fancy loops, just kinda made it up on the spot. The pattern looks great either way. I've heard though, that the fancy bind off take a lot of yarn. So if you want to do that, just make sure you have enough yarn.

There are a couple of KAL groups out there that have done this blanket. I know one is on Yahoo. They're a great source of information if you have any questions. And I'd be happy to answer any you have as well, should you decide to take on this project. And you should do it. It looks much more intimidating than it actually is.

No comments: