Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

So, here it is the first day of the new year and I must admit that I'm looking forward to the next 364 days ahead of me. I've decided this is my year. For what, I don't know, but it will be. I have a good feeling about it.

Some quick, non-knitting news. I've been called for jury duty next week. Not really looking forward to that because I have to be at the courthouse at 8:30 a.m. My brother is leaving that morning to go back to Honduras and I won't be able to go to the airport to see him off. Also, I'm not looking forward to getting up quite that early. My brain doesn't function until noon. But, I have decided that the bright side to this is plenty of knitting time. Especially if they don't get rid of me right away. I just hope they allow me to bring my needles into the courtroom.

Now, to the good stuff. I've been pondering what to do with a beautiful skein of yellow Malabrigo laceweight yarn that my bestest buddy brought back to me from Key West. I've started work on the Easy Flame Lace Scarf from Knit and Tonic. I love her site. She always has such beautiful patterns and they're really easy to follow. Here's what I have so far...


This was taken a few days ago and I've progressed pretty quickly. The pattern is easy to remember, so I don't have to carry the paper around with me.

I am going to put aside the scarf until I finish the blanket squares I've been putting off. I'd post pictures of those, but they're just plain garter stitch 10"-by-10" squares. I will post pictures of my finished blanket once I get the squares from everyone else.

Alrighty then ... with that out of the way let me get to the point here. It is after a new year and with new years come new resolutions. This year, I intend to keep them. But I am being realistc here. No outlandish resolutions for me. I never stick to those anyways.

1) Use more stash yarn before buying new yarn. The only exception to this will be special occasions like a massive sale or when I go to Stitches in April.
2) Get back to church. I haven't been in a long time and I really miss going. Even if I find a different church, I need to start going again.
3) Make a list of "Must Read Before I Die" books and actually read something off that list.
4) Keep my house cleaner so I can invite people over at the drop of a hat and not be worried about the state of my living room and kitchen.

I was going to do more, but I decided to stop here. I figured that's good enough. Right? What are your big resolutions this year?

No comments: